On New Journeys, users can:
- Read articles and blogs about issues and real life experiences
- Share experiences by commenting on articles and submitting story ideas
- Give their opinion through polls
- Find resources and services if they need help
Through New Journeys, we aim to:
- Recognize and address the different forms of violence against Indigenous women and girls. This includes why it happens, how often it occurs and how it affects people who experience it.
- Respect the rights, needs, privacy and safety of those that may have experienced violence. All commenting and posting is anonymous. No emails or contact information will be shared on the site.
- Be accountable and collaborative with our members. Moderators will ensure the site is ethically, culturally and gender sensitive. They will also work alongside users to collect feedback and improve the mobile site.
- Ensure good governance of the mobile site. Our team will post engaging and relevant content and provide a safe space for users to comment and access resources.
We are grateful for your contributions and sharing your thoughts, experiences, and hopes with us and the rest of our community. Before you do, please keep these simple guidelines in mind:
- Respect each other. This may be an online venue, but we’re all equals no matter where we share our thoughts and opinions.
- Keep your comments focused and on topic, according to each post. This helps facilitate the best, most productive conversations.
- Protect your privacy. Comments on the blog are visible to the general public. You shouldn’t post anything here that you wouldn’t say in public. This includes your personal information such as email, phone, address, etc.
- Be hateful. Disagreements can lead to great progress. However, insulting individuals will not be tolerated. Comments that use obscenities, personal insults, ethnic slurs or other disparaging language will be removed.
- Think we’re responsible for the content of other websites. We cannot control the content of sites that we may link to or sites that may link to us. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by the NAFC. In addition, the NAFC is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other websites. We encourage you to read the privacy statements of every website that requests personal information from you.